Alexander Technique drop in classes: flexibility and fun
If you want to make improvements to the way you move but your schedule is such that you need flexibility, my regular Thursday evening drop-in classes may be the solution you need.
I hold a drop-in class at my teaching room in central Bristol every Thursday evening at 7.45pm. I keep the numbers small (maximum 5 people) so that you are guaranteed individual attention and can get to know people, but still big enough that you don’t feel exposed! Every class member gets to enjoy a drink (hot or cold) and a piece of homemade cake – how could you refuse?!
Perhaps you relate to these common issues that bring people to my classes:
- discomfort using office equipment at work or home
- work-related stress
- tension headaches – the doctor can find nothing wrong, and says you just need to relax
- anxiety over giving presentations
- desire to improve the way you sit and stand to give you more presence at work
- you’ve seen photos of the last time you went out – “do I really look like that?!”
Alexander Technique can solve all of these issues, and more!
Going to Alexander Technique drop in classes have additional benefits that you might not have considered:
- You get to learn from watching other people’s lessons
- Benefiting from the ‘group mind’ – you get to toss ideas around with your classmates
- Other people ask the questions that you are too shy to!
- You can enjoy being part of a community that wants to improve.
Is the Alexander Technique drop in class suitable for me?
If you’re a complete beginner to Alexander Technique coaching, you may find the drop-in class isn’t the best introduction. Can I suggest that you try a 1:1 session with me first, so we can discuss your needs more fully? It may be the case that the drop-in class is perfect for you, but I would like to spend some time making sure that you have the best possible introduction to Alexander Technique coaching, and that what I offer is fitted to your needs. Head down to the contact form and let me know what you need.
If you’ve got a little experience of how the Alexander Technique works and what to expect from a coaching lesson, then the Thursday evening drop-in class should be a great option for you. It’s a great environment to come and work on a specific query, ask a few questions, and meet some really lovely fellow students. You will also get to observe other people having Alexander Technique coaching, which can be a hugely valuable learning experience.
How do I book?
Just ring or send me an email up to 24 hours in advance, so I know to expect you. The earlier you book, the more likely it is that there will be a space. Because I keep the class size small, the places can book up very quickly!
Time: 7.45 – 8.45pm
Date: every Thursday
Cost: £15 per session.
Let’s get started!
Fill in the contact form, and we’ll get you slotted into a class.