Alexander Technique coaching bundle: online lessons
My Alexander Technique coaching bundle is the most cost-effective way to learn Alexander Technique with me via Skype.
It costs £200 for a six lesson package and unlimited email consultation (normally £240).
For online lessons, you will need:
- either a tablet or a webcam attached to a computer with good processing speed;
- a fast internet connection;
- either a Skype or a Zoom account.
After purchasing the bundle, I will be in touch with you to organise the sessions. You will get to pick the times that suit you best.
Why online lessons?
Traditionally, performance coaching with Alexander Technique has been done in-person, and generally involves hands-on guidance to help make change. However, this isn’t the only way to learn. FM Alexander created his work without anyone using hands; when he first started teaching, he didn’t use his hands. What he used right from the beginning, and used all through his own teaching career, was keen observation and questioning skills.
When we are getting in our own way, it isn’t simply a physical problem. It’s far more a question of the ideas that we have that aren’t helping us. From observing what you do as you play or perform, I can see the habitual movements that might be causing you discomfort and a loss of technical facility. I can then give you advice and ask you questions to help you re-examine the ideas and assumptions lying behind the movement behaviours, so that you can begin to make positive change. I can also help you construct a practice and self-care regime that will make your practice sessions more fun and effective.
OVER THE FIRST SIX APPOINTMENTS, I WILL:
- check in with you to see how you are progressing
- work with you on specific activities that you want to improve, so that we can make them freer and easier
- teach you the basic principles and tools of the Alexander Technique
- give you small pieces of ‘homework’ that are aimed at helping you to apply Alexander Technique to your everyday life. My aim is to make it fun and easy to incorporate into your daily routines
- give you something to read, to deepen your understanding and help you improve more quickly.
In sessions 5 and 6 we will spend some time discussing whether you feel you have progressed sufficiently, and feel confident enough to keep working independently. Often, 6 sessions is enough! If this is the case for you, we’ll discuss options for helping you keep in touch with the ideas from my lessons. I have a newsletter, and I offer an ongoing email support service to all my students.
Of course, some problems take longer to solve than others, and I will take the time to work with you for as long as it takes to get you to where you want to be. But I also work to help you to be able to ‘do’ the Alexander Technique for yourself. My mission is to give you all the tools you need so that you won’t need to keep coming back to me forever!
I can’t wait to help you to achieve your goals and to move more freely and easily.